TOBIN Consulting Engineers has an immediate requirement for a 1st/2nd Level Support Technician in Galway, initially for a 6-month contract, but which may develop into a permanent position. The IT Support Technician will assist users with any IT queries and will respond to logged incident and service requests. You will continue to monitor the progress of IT requests on logged calls and assist with phone, remote and ongoing support.
While the successful candidate will be primarily based in one location (Galway city), there will be requirements to support other locations across Ireland (Dublin and Castlebar). Flexibility to support all locations is a necessity. Flexibility outside of normal business hours and weekend work will be required on occasions.
The role’s principal responsibilities include:
- Provision of 1st/2nd level support to users for all issues raised by helpdesk ticketing system.
- Support for MS Office, Outlook, Network access, Hardware etc .
- Configuration and support of mobile devices.
- Escalation of queries when necessary.
- Communication with users to ensure that they are appraised of problem progress and to confirm resolution.
- Assistance with printer repairs and liaising with our printer managed partner.
- Support IT project initiatives as required.
- Performance of daily tasks, ad-hoc variety.
- Experience supporting Autodesk Design software would be an advantage.
Relevant Experience & Qualifications:
The candidate must
- have proven IT Support experience (a minimum of 3 years) in a service delivery role.
- have excellent communication, interpersonal and strong analytical skills.
- be able to communicate technical information in a clear and understandable manner to non-technical stakeholders.
- be customer focused and goal orientated with keen attention to detail.
How to Apply
If you feel that this opportunity is something you may be interested in and would like an opportunity to discuss the matter further please forward c.v. to email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE