TOBIN Consulting Engineers, a large multi-disciplinary engineering practice operating in Ireland since 1952, is currently looking to recruit an ambitious and self-driven Business Development & Bid Executive to join our busy and growing team in Galway. The role will be based in our Fairgreen office, just off Eyre Square in Galway city centre. This is an exciting and challenging role where time management will be a key and essential attribute for the individual assuming the role. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the delivery of business development and tender activities across two divisions of the company. The ideal candidate will be a confident and outgoing professional with a natural flair for generating business.
Main objectives, key tasks, and responsibilities:
- Liaison and coordination on a weekly basis with Divisional Operations Directors to agree on key tasks and outputs.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of public and private sector tenders and bids (within specific project timelines)
- Assist with the research, collation, and presentation of data for Business Development pursuits
- Assist with key account management activities (client engagement (Business Development)) i.e. cold calls, generating leads, managing relationships, and booking in presentations and meetings with new and current clients each week.
Competencies require and preferred experience:
- At least 3 years’ tendering or comparable experience
- At least 3 years’ business development or sales experience
- Must have experience of CRM software and Tender Portals i.e. eTenders
- Must have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- The ideal candidate must be a strategic thinker, be able to identify solid leads, and act quickly.
- The ideal candidate must be a to meet with consistent weekly and monthly KPIs
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work on your own initiative
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Previous experience in the construction or engineering industry would be an advantage
- Experience working on a team and owning a team player mentality
- Natural flair for and enjoy dealing with people and, always look to provide the best customer service
- Qualification in either Construction, Engineering, Business, Administration or A.N. Other areas that will add value to the role
To apply, send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 16th of October 2020 (interviews being held at end of October 2020)
For further info, call HR on 091 56 5211
NO AGENCIES PLEASE