TOBIN is currently seeking Civil Engineering Technicians to join the Building & Infrastructure Team in our Galway and Castlebar offices.
About TOBIN Consulting Engineers
At TOBIN we have over sixty years experience in conceptualising, planning, designing and delivering projects across three main disciplines, namely; Water Services, Energy & Environment and Civil Engineering & Infrastructure. The quality of service we deliver and our approach to projects is driven by our Core Values which for us means that People & Relationships, Safety, Commerciality, Sustainability and Innovation, are the things which we care about most and on which we build our reputation.
Qualifications and Experience
The positions will require candidates to hold a minimum Level 7 Qualification in Civil Engineering (a Level 8 Degree would be an advantage) with a range of 3 to 10 years experience in the area of building works but more preferably in roads design and contract administration of the associated construction stages.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Civil Technicians will be required to work on a range of projects including the development of roads and transportation projects, commercial/business parks and residential building works projects.
As a member of the Building & Infrastructure (Civil Engineering and Roads) Team and through mentoring with senior engineers within TOBIN, candidates will be required to undertake the following duties:
- Preparation and review of preliminary designs and reports using a variety of computer packages and subsequent preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Preparation of Preliminary and Contract Drawings using a range of packages such as AutoCAD 2D/3D, MX Roads and ArcGIS. Knowledge of AutoCad 2D and 3D will be a basic requirement and MX Roads/ArcGIS or equivalent would be significant advantage.
- Undertaking topographical land surveys and site visits/surveys to develop designs for residential and commercial projects.
- Coordination and liaison with Clients and Regulatory Agencies
Advantageous Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal (English) communication.
- Capacity to develop skills in the use of Building Information Modelling (such as AutoDesk REVIT) and Microsoft Access although not essential would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of construction contracts including FIDIC and the GCCC Forms of Contract.
How to Apply
NO AGENCIES PLEASE