With a continued increase in project workload, TOBIN are currently seeking Civil & Structural Design Engineers to join the Building & Infrastructure Team in both our Dublin and Galway offices.
About TOBIN Consulting Engineers
At TOBIN we have over sixty five years’ experience in conceptualising, planning, designing and delivering projects across our three main disciplines, namely; Building & Infrastructure, Water Services and Energy & Environment. The quality of service we deliver and our approach to projects is driven by our Core Values, which for us, means that People & Relationships, Safety, Commerciality, Sustainability and Innovation, are the things which we care about most and on which we build our reputation.
The positions require a minimum Level 9 Honours Degree qualification in Civil/Structural Engineering with between 3 and 7 years experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of the Building & Infrastructure team and by mentoring with senior members of staff within TOBIN, the Civil and Structural Design Engineers will be required to undertake the following duties:
- Liaise with Clients to deliver the required designs.
- Review documents and structural designs prepared by Graduate Engineers.
- Preparation and review of preliminary designs and reports using a variety of computer packages and subsequent preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Procurement of Site Investigation, Building and Civil Engineering Contracts and where appropriate the preparation of pricing schedules and Bills of Quantities.
- Prepare tender documents and tender assessments.
- Administration of the construction contracts to ensure that design requirements, project schedules and project budget are achieved.
The skills required of the Design Engineers
- Proficient in the structural design of building structures and the use of Eurocodes.
- Proficient in the use of Irish Building Regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal (English) communication and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD 2D and an aptitude to develop their skills in the use of AutoCAD 3D and Building Information Modelling (such as AutoDesk REVIT).
- Working knowledge of construction contracts such as the PWMF Forms of Contract.
- Working knowledge of relevant software packages such as Microsoft Project, MicroDrainage, TEDDS, ROBOT, and other similar packages needed to fulfil their day to day tasks.
How to Apply
If you feel that this opportunity is something you may be interested in and would like an opportunity to discuss the matter further please forward c.v. to email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE