TOBIN Consulting Engineers has an exciting opportunity for a Civil/Water Services Project Engineer (5+ years’ experience) to join our Civil | Design Build | Water Division in the South East of Ireland. You will work on a large number of civil engineering and watermain rehabilitation projects across the South-East counties. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual seeking autonomy who may wish to further establish and grow a ‘business unit’ within the business. We are offering an attractive package with company benefits based on experience, and we are flexible on the base location for the successful candidate.
What we are looking for:
The position requires candidates to hold a minimum Level 8 Degree in Civil Engineering. Applicants must have 5+ years’ experience in civil engineering (design and project management). A strong background in hydraulic modelling would be a distinct advantage but it is not essential.
Candidates applying for this position must have the following skills:
- Previous experience in civil engineering/water services design and project management experience
- Experience of working in collaboration with other design disciplines and with contractors
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent written English
Main Duties (non-exhaustive):
- Civil engineering/water services design
- Programming of all work deliverables
- Communication with client (daily interface)
- Undertaking site surveys in the South East region on a regular basis (2/3 days per week)
- Management of sub-consultants.
What we can offer:
- An excellent salary commensurate to the successful candidate’s experience and suitability
- An opportunity to further establish and grow a ‘business within a business’ in a company with 70 years’ experience in Ireland’s Water Services Sector
- Flexibility in relation to the office base – Kilkenny, Waterford, Wexford or Wicklow
- A defined career path with clear objectives and ‘progression gates’
- A strong CPD commitment
How to Apply:
If you feel that this opportunity is something you may be interested in and would like an opportunity to discuss the matter further, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
First-round Interviews will be via MS Teams with second-round interviews being held in Kilkenny in January and February