TOBIN are currently seeking a Design (Civil) Engineer to join the Roads & Transportation Team at our office in Dublin.
Qualifications and Experience
The position of Design (Civil) Engineer will require candidates to hold a minimum Level 8 Honours Degree Qualification in Civil Engineering (a Level 9 Masters Degree would be an advantage) with a range of 3 to 5 years’ experience preferably in the area of civil engineering, roads and transportation design and the subsequent contract administration of the associated construction stages.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of the team and through mentoring with senior engineers within TOBIN, Candidates will be required to undertake the following duties :
- Preparation of tenders.
- Preparation and review of preliminary designs and reports using a variety of computer packages and subsequent preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications. Knowledge of AutoCad 2D and 3D will be a basic requirement.
- Preparation of Preliminary and Contract Drawings using a range of packages such as AutoCAD 2D/3D, Site 3D, MX Roads and ArcGIS.
- Coordination and liaison with Clients and Regulatory Agencies
- Procurement of Site Investigation, Civil Engineering Works and Roads Contracts including preparation of pricing schedules and Bills of Quantities.
- Administration of the construction contracts to ensure that design requirements, project schedules and project budget are achieved.
Advantageous Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal (English) communication.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills together with Teamwork and Leadership.
- Experience with Software packages such as MicroDrainage and or similar drainage design software would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of construction contracts such as GCCC Forms of Contract.
How to Apply
If you feel that this opportunity is something you may be interested in and would like an opportunity to discuss the matter further, please forward your c.v. to email@example.com