At TOBIN we have sixty years experience in conceptualising, planning, designing and delivering projects across three main disciplines, namely; Water Services, Energy & Environment and Civil & Infrastructure. The quality of service we deliver and our approach to projects is driven by our Core Values which for us means that People & Relationships, Safety, Commerciality, Sustainability and Innovation, are the things which we care about most and on which we build our reputation.
With a recent increase in project workload, TOBIN are currently seeking Design (Civil) Engineers to join the Water Services Team primarily based in our Galway & Castlebar Office.
The position of Design (Civil) Engineer will require candidates to hold a minimum Level 8 Honours Degree Qualification in Civil Engineering (a Level 9 Masters Degree would be an advantage) with 3 to 9 years experience preferably in the area of water and wastewater design.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of the Water Services Team the Design Engineer will be required to undertake the following duties :
- Coordination of project teams located throughout the Tobin Castlebar, Galway and Dublin offices.
- Direct communication and meetings with Clients including document reviews, approvals and project scheduling.
- Preparation and assessment of tenders.
- Preparation and review of preliminary designs and reports using a variety of computer packages and subsequent preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Manage the preparation of technical and client reports, bringing together the contributions from other specialist areas of the organisation.
- Procurement of Site Investigation, Water/Sewer Pipelines and Water/Wastewater Treatment Contracts including preparation of pricing schedules and Bills of Quantities.
- Administration of the construction contracts to ensure that design requirements, project schedules and project budget are achieved.
- Assistance with preparation of tender proposals.
- Undertaking site surveys.
Advantageous Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal (English) communication
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills together with Teamwork and Leadership would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with and adherence to Engineers Ireland’s Code of Ethics and working towards obtaining the title of Chartered Engineer of Engineers Ireland.
- Strong working knowledge of industry-standard software platforms including AutoCAD 2D and Autodesk Civil 3D.
- A working knowledge of Autodesk Revit would also be a benefit.
- Capacity to develop skills in the use of Microsoft Access and GIS software such as ArcGIS and MapInfo although not essential.
- Working knowledge of construction contracts including FIDIC and the GCCC Forms of Contract would be an advantage.
- Experience of applying relevant design guidelines such as the GDSDS, Irish Water Code of Practice in developing civil infrastructure designs.
- Experience with Software packages such as Microsoft Project, EpaNet, InfoWorks, MicroDrainage, HecRAS would be an advantage.
How to Apply
If you feel that this opportunity is something you may be interested in and would like an opportunity to discuss the matter further please forward c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.