TOBIN is currently seeking an Ecologist/Ornithologist to join the growing Ecology Team within the Environment and Planning Division. We also provide the opportunity to avail of Hybrid working in one of our five offices located in Galway, Dublin, Limerick, Castlebar or Sligo.
The job will involve working with the existing Ecology team on ecological and environmental aspects of diverse projects including national infrastructure projects, renewable energy and other private and commercial projects. As an Ecologist/Ornithologist, the role will require the provision of ecological input into desktop studies, advantage point surveys, scoping studies, site selection, Ecological Impact Assessments and Appropriate Assessment Reports.
- Relevant primary degree (Hons.) relating to Ecology / Environmental Biology, additional qualifications preferred.
- A proven ecological/ornithological track record. 2+ years of experience, is essential.
- Proven ecological/ornithological field skills.
- Experience in GIS systems (e.g. ArcView, desirable but not essential as TOBIN has specialist GIS services in-house)
- Experience in coordinating ecological impact assessments as well as project management and liaising with clients and stakeholders.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Must be physically fit and be willing and able to undertake fieldwork, as required.
- Full driving licence.
How to Apply
If you feel that this opportunity is something you may be interested in and would like an opportunity to discuss the matter further please forward a C.V. to email@example.com