The Environment & Planning (E&P) division is a core business unit within TOBIN Consulting Engineers, which is currently headed up by the Operations Director. The Associate Director will report directly to the Operations Director and will be responsible for the day-to-day management and control of defined projects/tenders within the Division, located across our three offices in Castlebar, Galway and Dublin (and also our new Limerick Hub).
The person will be required to exhibit a high degree of professionalism, as a front-line representative of the Company, for both external Client facing meetings and when providing internal support to other divisions. The person will be answerable for commercial and management commitments given to the Divisional Director, on which the Executive Team relies for business planning. The person will apply considered and appropriate contingencies to projections and resource planning so that they remain robust against reasonably foreseeable market variations, by month, by quarter and annually.
The person will have a detailed understanding of business cycles and how these will impact the day-to-day delivery of projects, the challenges staff will face and the quality of our service output arising from those challenges. The person will provide mentoring and leadership in technical excellence, fostering a working atmosphere of high-quality delivery against a backdrop of an increasingly litigious industry. The person will instil TOBIN Core Values right across the business.
- To work closely with the Operations Director and have a shared responsibility for the overall management of the E&P Division.
- The management of existing Client renewable energy project portfolios, which are being developed as part of their strategic plans.
- Attendance at scheduled monthly E&P Commercial meetings with the Managing Director, Finance Director, Operations Director, and other team leads.
- Organisation of scheduled monthly meetings with key Team members.
- Management of all core business financial aspects including assisting the Operations Director in the preparation of quarterly financial projections and the preparation of monthly financial reports.
- Overall management of projects and allocation of resources.
- Checking and signing off projects in accordance with the requirements of the Quality Management System.
- Front line management of personnel within your teams, supported by the Operations Director.
- Leading, mentoring and team building within the core business.
- Consulting regularly with the Operations Director and Risk Director on issues arising together with the development of mitigation plans and resolution proposals.
- Required to represent the interests of, and be accountable for, the overall operation of the team to the Operations Director and to deputise for the Operations Director at Executive Team meetings if called upon to do so.
- Developing and encouraging a strong collaborative ethos resulting in real collaboration with other teams across the company. • Keeping abreast of evolving planning and environmental regulatory/legislative changes and developing solutions to ensure compliance and responses as required.
Note: The above is not an exhaustive list of duties, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the company.
Skills & Experience:
- A minimum 10 years relevant work experience
- Proven ability to successfully lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to demonstrate sound technical (scientific) judgement in challenging circumstances
- Self-motivated and highly driven and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Proven record of being results-driven with a clear focus on delivery to safety, time, quality, and cost objectives
- A strong project management capability
- Excellent report writing skills and highly competent with Microsoft Office Suite & other related software applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable to analyis and mitigate risk
- Oral Hearing expertise would be advantageous
- Recognised relevant professional qualification, preferably in Environmental Science and/or Engineering, or Town Planning/EIAR Project Management.
- Member of a recognised Engineering/Scientific professional body, preferably Chartered.
- Candidates should have an established record in acting as Project Managers in the delivery of environmental impact assessment reports / renewable energy projects and managing teams
- Highly motivated, organised, and capable of both working on your own and leading teams.
How to Apply:
If you feel that this opportunity is something you may be interested in and would like an opportunity to discuss the matter further, please forward your CV to email@example.com