We are currently seeking Graduate and Design (Civil) Engineers to join our Building & Infrastructure Team in our Dublin, Galway and Castlebar offices.
About TOBIN Consulting Engineers
At TOBIN we have over sixty years experience in conceptualising, planning, designing and delivering projects across three main disciplines, namely; Water Services, Energy & Environment and Civil Engineering & Infrastructure. The quality of service we deliver and our approach to projects is driven by our Core Values which for us means that People & Relationships, Safety, Commerciality, Sustainability and Innovation, are the things which we care about most and on which we build our reputation.
With a recent increase in project workload TOBIN are currently seeking Graduate and Design (Civil) Engineers to join the Building & Infrastructure Team in our Dublin, Galway and Castlebar offices.
Qualifications and Experience
The positions of Graduate and Design (Civil) Engineers will require candidates to hold a minimum Level 8 Honours Degree Qualification in Civil Engineering (a Level 9 Masters Degree would be an advantage) with a range of 1 to 5 years experience preferably in the area of building works but more particularly infrastructure design and contract administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of the Building & Infrastructure Team and through mentoring with senior engineers within TOBIN, candidates will be required to undertake the following duties :
- Preparation of tenders.
- Preparation and review of preliminary designs and reports using a variety of computer packages and subsequent preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Preparation of Preliminary and Contract Drawings using a range of packages such as AutoCAD 2D/3D, MX Roads and ArcGIS.
- Coordination and liaison with Clients and Regulatory Agencies
- Procurement of Site Investigation, Civil Engineering Works and Roads Contracts including preparation of pricing schedules and Bills of Quantities.
- Administration of the construction contracts to ensure that design requirements, project schedules and project budget are achieved.
Advantageous Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal (English) communication.
- AutoCad 2D and 3D will be a basic requirement.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills together with Teamwork and Leadership.
- Capacity to develop skills in the use of Building Information Modelling (such as AutoDesk REVIT), Microsoft Access and GIS software such as ArcGIS and MapInfo although not essential would be an advantage.
- Experience with Software packages such as Microsoft Project and MicroDrainage would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of construction contracts including FIDIC and the GCCC Forms of Contract.
How to Apply
NO AGENCIES PLEASE