With a recent increase in project workload, TOBIN are currently seeking Graduate and Design Civil Engineers to join our team in Galway.
Qualifications and Experience
The positions of Civil Engineering Graduate and Design Engineers will require candidates to hold a minimum Level 8 Honours Degree Qualification in Civil Engineering (a Level 9 Masters Degree would be an advantage) with up to 5 years’ experience preferably in the area of preliminary and detailed civil engineering and roads design.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of the team and through mentoring with other design engineers and senior engineers within TOBIN, candidates will be required to undertake the following duties:
- Preparation and review of preliminary designs and reports using a variety of computer packages and subsequent preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications. Knowledge of AutoCad 2D and 3D will be a basic requirement.
- Assisting in the preparation of tenders.
- Assisting in the preparation of preliminary and contract drawings using a range of packages such as AutoCAD 2D and 3D packages such as MX Roads and graph packages like ArcGIS.
- Coordination and liaison with Clients and Regulatory Agencies
- Procurement of Site Investigation, Civil Engineering Works and Roads Contracts including preparation of pricing schedules and Bills of Quantities.
- Administration of the construction contracts to ensure that design requirements, project schedules and project budget are achieved.
Advantageous Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal (English) communication.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
What we can offer:
- An excellent salary commensurate to the successful candidate’s experience and suitability
- A city centre position based in Galway (our office is literally based between two bus stations and a train station) with parking also adjacent to our office (subsidied parking rates)
- Remote working options
- A defined career path with clear objectives and ‘progression gates’
- A strong CPD commitment
- The opportunity to work and grow with a good team of people
How to Apply
If you feel that this opportunity is something you may be interested in and would like an opportunity to discuss the matter further please forward c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE