TOBIN Consulting Engineers (TOBIN), which was founded in 1952, is a wholly Irish, privately owned, Professional Services Organization which provides consultancy services in the areas of Planning, Environmental Impact Assessment, Design and Project Management, of Infrastructural/Construction Projects, for clients operating in both the Public and Private Sectors in Ireland.
In Ireland, the Company employs over 100 technical staff across three divisions – Water Services, Building & Infrastructure, and Energy & environment.
The Company is now seeking to appoint a Graduate Engineer in our Water Services section. The appointed candidate will be based in our Castlebar Office and will report to an Associate Director within the section. The Graduate Engineer shall be empowered to undertake design, project management and consulting services, in order to enhance the team’s portfolio of skills and expertise, whilst being supported in the development of their skills, competencies and career.
The role will include:
- Undertake and assist more experienced members of staff with the analysis of information, production of designs, modelling and computations
- Assist in the preparation of specifications, proposals and other documentation under supervision
- Utilise engineering software to produce and deliver exceptional technical documentation and presentations that will be delivered to our clients
- Increase your exposure in the industry by working with a company regularly recognised as an industry leader
The successful candidate must:
- Have a Level 8 degree in Civil Engineer or hold a Level 8 Civil Engineering degree with a specialism in Water Services or related field
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in written reports, letters and other communications
- Possess a keen interest in developing your career into a client-facing role you will be able to provide examples of your excellent attention to detail along with high-level verbal and written communications
- Have an ability to work under pressure in conjunction with your excellent planning and organisation skills
- Have experience in the use of Auto CAD and /or ArcGIS or QGIS
- It would be beneficial for a candidate to have experience with any network modelling software packages such as EPANET, Synergee, InfoWorks, MicroDrainage or other similar software packages.
What we can offer:
In return, you shall be offered a competitive salary, an attractive package along within a great diverse team environment where a healthy work-life balance is encouraged. A Professional development training programme, along with a tailored professional and personal development plan to help you grow in your discipline, and to reach chartered status. In addition, we offer flexible working hours and one paid annual professional institution membership fee.