TOBIN are currently seeking a Project Ecologist / Ornithologist, with 5-10 years’ experience, to join the growing Ecology Team within the Environment & Planning Division in our Dublin Office. We offer a very competitive salary to the ideal candidate and we also provide the opportunity to work on nationally recognised projects and studies.
The Ecology Team in TOBIN is driven by qualified and enthusiastic ecologists who maintain a full and varied project load from a broad base of private and public sector clients. Our workstream is generated through well-established nationwide client relationships, as well as internal cross-sectional cooperation with other Engineering Divisions within TOBIN.
The successful candidate must have the ability to work in and lead teams in the collection of field data and in the preparation of the Biodiversity/Flora & Fauna sections of Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIARs), Ecological Impact Assessment reports and Habitats Directive Appropriate Assessment reporting. The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate project experience in the design and implementation of ecological surveys including habitat, bird and protected species surveys, analysis of data and completion of impact assessments. Further demonstrated project experience across ecological disciplines will also be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
The job will involve working with the existing Ecology team on ecological and environmental aspects of diverse projects including national infrastructure, renewable energy and private commercial projects. As a Project Ecologist, the role will require the provision of ecological input into desktop studies, scoping studies, site selection, site surveys, Ecological impact Assessments, Appropriate Assessment Reports and overseeing the implementation of construction mitigation measures (Ecological Clerk of Works). The role will also require project management tasks including; financial management, producing fee proposals, and tendering for work.
- Relevant primary degree (Hons.) relating to Ecology / Environmental biology, additional qualifications preferred.
- A minimum of 5+ years environmental consultancy experience and a proven ecological track record.
- Proven ecological field skills.
- Experience in GIS systems (e.g. ArcView).
- Full CIEEM membership.
- Experience of coordinating ecological impact assessments as well as project management and liaising with clients and stakeholders.
- Experience as an expert witness at Oral Hearings.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Must be physically fit and be willing and able to undertake fieldwork in remote areas in all weather conditions.
- Full driving licence.
How to Apply
If you feel that this opportunity is something you may be interested in and would like an opportunity to discuss the matter further please forward a C.V. to email@example.com
TOBIN DO NOT REQUIRE THE ASSISTANCE OF AGENCIES AT THIS TIME