TOBIN is currently seeking an EIAR Project Manager to join our team within the Environment and Planning Division. We provide the opportunity to avail of Hybrid working in one of our five offices located in Galway, Dublin, Limerick, Castlebar or Sligo.
The position of Project Manager (Environment & Planning) within TOBIN requires a minimum Level 8 Hons. Degree (with a desirable Level 9 Masters Degree qualiﬁcation) in Science or Engineering (or equivalent qualiﬁcation appropriate to the tasks assigned) and be on the pathway to working towards Chartership with an Environmental professional body.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A Project Manager is expected to take full responsibility for the technical and ﬁnancial delivery of the project.
The main duties and responsibilities of a Project Manager for the Environment & Planning team are:
a) Lead the EIA process for the project, including the delivery of the EIAR/PECR and all other environmental deliverables;
b) Provide environmental expertise in relation to the delivery of projects within the Environment & Planning business unit to ensure compliance with planning and environmental issues.
c) Keep on top of changes in planning/environmental legislation, policy decisions and updates to local authority plans.
d) Liaising with project teams, clients, subconsultants, stakeholders and the public as required.
e) Undertake project planning, programming, resource allocation (in consultation with the relevant Operations Director); and management of those resources.
f) Compliance with all legal requirements including items such as project-related Health and Safety obligations. The Project Manager is also responsible for ensuring that appropriate Risk Assessments are undertaken prior to team members visiting site (in consultation with the relevant divisional lead e.g. Lead Ecologist or Senior Hydrogeologist).
g) Cash ﬂow management based on project deliverables and projected (accurate and reliable) invoicing dates in respect of those deliverables and issuing of invoices.
h) Communication with the Client and internally with your own Operations Director / Operations Manager and EIA delivery team.
The key project-related duties are:
• Ensure work complies with the relevant TOBIN Quality Management system for all aspects of the project i.e. QMS/EMS/OHSAS.
• To ensure that any new project has a well-deﬁned brief, a detailed pricing schedule, and Client acceptance of the T&Cs (normally a signed contract or fee agreement).
• To establish an agreed project programme with the Client.
• To ensure that all team members (including other divisions within TOBIN) and subconsultants know what part they play in the project and within what budget they must work to (including hours and expenses).
• To establish how the project can be delivered in line with the Environment & Planning team’s ﬁnancial objectives.
• To ensure that the company procedures for dealing with sub-consultants are adhered to.
• To ensure that all designs are prepared by personnel competent to do so and that all designs are independently checked before they are issued to the Client.
• To ensure that TOBIN delivers robust and quality submissions as per Client requirements.
• To ensure that all project scope changes are recorded as soon as they happen and that a Client is forewarned that such changes will result in increased costs and/or programme.
The candidate will possess the following:
• Hons Degree (Lvl 8 FETAC) in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or equivalent;
• Post Graduate (Lvl 9 FETAC) qualiﬁcation in a relevant discipline, (e.g. Environmental Science, Engineering, Planning Law) is desirable but not essential;
• Minimum of 5 years experience in leading the preparation of EIAR large-scale projects essential;
• Experience in leading and managing multidisciplinary teams on EIA projects is essential;
• Understanding the EIA process and Irish planning policy and legislation in relation to EIA is essential;
• Experience in renewable projects and/or SID projects is desirable;
• Experience and background in an environmental discipline relating to EIA (e.g. noise, air quality, etc) is desirable;
• Membership of an environmental professional organisation and working towards chartership, is desirable;
• Provide support to Senior Project Managers within TOBIN, as and when required;
• To mentor more junior members within the Environment & Planning team.
Other Skills Required of a Project Manager within Environment & Planning:
• Excellent written and verbal (English) communication and interpersonal communication skills.
• Highly organised and motivated.
• Commitment to technical excellence.
How to Apply
If you feel that this opportunity is something you may be interested in and would like an opportunity to discuss the matter further please forward a C.V. to email@example.com