About TOBIN Consulting Engineers
At TOBIN Consulting Engineers, we have over sixty five years’ experience in conceptualising, planning, designing and delivering projects across our three main disciplines, namely;
Building & Infrastructure, Civil|Design Build|Water and Environment & Planning.
The quality of service we deliver and our approach to projects is driven by our Core Values, which for us, means that People & Relationships, Safety, Commerciality, Sustainability and Innovation, are the things which we care about most and on which we build our reputation.
With a continued increase in project workload, we are seeking to recruit a Project Quantity Surveyor with 3+ years post graduate experience, preferably with a Consultancy background, who will assist the QS Team on all costs relating to Building and Civil aspects of various projects including mixed commercial, residential, industrial and educational, from initial concept design stage estimate to final account settlement. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to optimise project costs, implement value engineering and ensure value for money, while still achieving the required highest standards and quality.
Role and Responsibilities
The Project Quantity Surveyor duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of cost estimates throughout the various stages of the design and pre tender
- Preparation of Tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Advise the Client on procurement strategies
- Implement Value Engineering opportunities, managing VE opportunities
- Assist in establishing client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies of design options and additional items
- Perform risk and value management and cost control
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- Contract administration
- Preparation and analysing tender costings
- Assist the QS Team in providing advice on contractual claims
- Manage the change order process
- Value and approve completed work and certifying payments to consultants and contractors
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations
- Assist the QS Team in managing and agreeing the final account for the projects.
Skills & Requirements
- BSc Level 8 Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum of 3+ post-graduation experience preferably within a Consultancy practice
- Proficient in use of Excel, Cubit and Buildsoft
- Attention to Detail including good presentation and writing skills
- Strong construction knowledge and experience in Building and Civil Works Projects
- Firm understanding and working experience of Contracts and Procurement methods including GCCC Contracts
How to Apply
If you feel that this opportunity is something you may be interested in and would like an opportunity to discuss the matter further please forward CV to email@example.com.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE