The Building & Infrastructure Division of TOBIN Consulting Engineers is currently seeking a Project Structural Engineer to join the Building and Infrastructure Team based in our Head Office in Galway City. This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of the largest indigenous consultancies in the West of Ireland. For the right candidate, you will have an opportunity to work on a broad range of projects in both the public and private sectors. We can offer a defined career path with clear objectives and ‘progression gates’, friendly and attractive work environment, remote working options and an active sports and social club.
- A minimum 3-8 years’ relevant work experience
- Level 8 Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Design Experience on building projects (residential, mixed use developments, industrial and commercial) in the public & private sectors
- Design Experience on water retaining structures
- Ability to achieve tight deadlines working as part of a team
- Up to date knowledge of current codes of practice, building control regulations and procedures
- Computer literacy with experience in MS Windows and structural design and analysis software packages
- Excellent verbal and written (English) communication skills
As a member of the Building & Infrastructure Team the Project Structural Engineer will be required to undertake the following duties :
- Structural design of building structures in steel and reinforced concrete
- Structural design of water retaining structures
- Contribute to the project team on a day to day basis
- Direct communication and meetings with Clients including document reviews, approvals and project scheduling.
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines such as Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Archaeologists, etc.
- Preparation and Review of preliminary designs and reports using a variety of computer packages and subsequent preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Implementing the company’s ISO policies and procedures
- Preparation of tenders
What we can offer
- An excellent salary commensurate to the successful candidate’s experience and suitability
- Remote working options
- A defined career path with clear objectives and ‘progression gates’
- A strong CPD commitment
- The opportunity to work and grow with a good team of people
How to Apply
If you feel that this opportunity is something you may be interested in and would like an opportunity to discuss the matter further please forward your c.v. to email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE