We are currently seeking to set up panels for Senior Resident Engineers (Civil/Water Services, Resident Engineers (Civil/Water Services) and Assistant Resident Engineers (Civil/Water Services). The Resident Engineering Team will be responsible for reporting to the relevant Project’s Employer’s Representative.
About TOBIN Consulting Engineers
Here at TOBIN Consulting Engineers, we have over sixty five years of experience in conceptualising, designing and delivering large scale projects across our Water Services operations. The quality of service we deliver has been rewarded throughout the decades with a well established and solid ‘repeat-business’ order book. This has formed the backbone of our continued success to date. Our approach to projects is driven by a specific set of Core Values which are absolutely central to our strong reputation within the Irish water infrastructure and civil engineering sectors.
About the Vacancies – Resident Engineering Positions
With a recent increase in project workload, we are currently seeking to set up panels for:
- Panel 1. Senior Resident Engineers (Civil/Water Services)
- Panel 2. Resident Engineers (Civil/Water Services)
- Panel 3. Assistant Resident Engineers (Civil/Water Services)
- The Resident Engineering Team will be responsible for reporting to the relevant Project’s Employer’s Representative. The main aspect of the Resident Engineering Staff’s role will be to monitor and report on works being carried out to ensure that the relevant Clients are fully informed of all issues arising on site.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) will be absolutely essential in liaising with a number of important stakeholders – many of these have long established ties with our company and span across public and private clients as well as regulatory agencies.
- These roles will be suitable for engineering personnel looking to work with a solid, reputable Irish owned and operated engineering practice.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- The positions of Senior Resident Engineer (Civil/Water Services), Resident Engineer (Civil/Water Services), and Assistant Resident Engineer (Civil/Water Services) will require candidates to hold a minimum NFQ Level 8 Honours Degree Qualification in Civil Engineering (a Level 9 Masters Degree would be an advantage) with a minimum of 10, 7 and 3 years experience respectively. Chartered Engineer status would be a significant advantage.
- Candidates shall demonstrate, in their CV, the extent of relevant experience in the area of water, wastewater, general civil engineering works and buildings together with contract administration on various contract types including FIDIC and the GCCC Public Works Forms of Contract.
Outline of Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties have been listed for the most senior member of staff on the Resident Engineering Team
- To report to the Employer’s Representative at all times.
- Manage other members of the Resident Engineering Team.
- They will be responsible for carrying out all orders and instructions from the Employer’s Representative and other such duties as may be assigned by the Employer’s Representative.
- Monitor the Contractor for compliance with the Safety Health & Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013 in accordance with any Client related instructions or procedures.
- Monitor compliance with planning conditions (such as Full Planning, Part 8 and EIS) and relevant third party stakeholders requirements such as fisheries, heritage and ecological.
- Monitor the Contractor’s compliance with the Building and Control Amendment Regulations.
- Liaison with relevant stakeholders or statutory authorities.
- Monitor construction progress against the project programme.
- Recording volumes of work done and assisting the Employer’s Representative in assessing the Contractor’s payment applications.
- Recording all facts which may lead to contractual claims.
- Prepare monthly progress reports and draft minutes of all site meetings.
- Monitoring of all commissioning works and ensure that the Contractor prepares all necessary “As Constructed” records.
- Ensure that the Contractor/PSCS provides the draft Safety Plan including the Safety File.
Considerable Advantageous Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge and awareness of Safety and Health legislation and regulations.
- Safe Pass Training.
- Excellent written and verbal (English) communication.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills together with Teamwork and Leadership.
- Working knowledge of Traffic Management processes.
- Knowledge of construction contracts including FIDIC and the GCCC Forms of Contract.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad.
Hours of Work and Use of their own Car
Candidates, in consultation with the Resident Engineering Team, will be expected to work site/contractor’s hours which may include unsociable hours such as weekend work or night work. When required to do so, holders of the various posts shall hold a current full driving licence for Class B vehicles and, may be required to use their own vehicle in the course of their duties. For this purpose they shall ensure that their insurance allows for business use and that the vehicle is roadworthy at all times.
How to Apply
If you feel that this opportunity is something you may be interested in and would like to discuss the matter further please forward your C.V. to email@example.com with a cover letter setting out the relevant Panel to which you wish to apply for.