TOBIN is a leading engineering consultancy with a strong reputation for delivering high-quality engineering solutions. We are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Senior Civil Engineer/ Project Manager to join our dynamic team in our Galway Office.
The position of Senior Civil Engineer/ Project Manager within TOBIN requires a minimum Level 8 qualification in Engineering (or equivalent qualification appropriate to the tasks assigned) and have achieved Chartered Membership of Engineers Ireland.
Duties and Responsibilities
A Senior Civil Engineer/ Project Manager is expected to take full responsibility for the technical and financial delivery of the project.
In summary, the candidate will be responsible for:
• Project planning, programming, and resource allocation (in consultation with the relevant Operations Director); and management of those resources.
• Quality Management for all aspects of the project i.e. QMS/EMS/OHSAS.
• Compliance with all legal requirements including items such as project-related Health and Safety Obligations and BCAR obligations.
• Cash flow management based on project deliverables and projected (accurate and reliable) invoicing dates in respect of those deliverables, issuing of invoices, client follow-up on invoices, and management of project debtors.
• Communication with the Client and internally with your own Operations Director / Operations Manager and project team.
• To ensure that any new project has a well-defined brief, a WBS, and Client acceptance of the T&Cs (normally a signed contract or fee agreement).
• To establish an agreed project programme with the Client.
• To ensure that all team members (including other divisions within TOBIN) know what part they play in the project and within what budget they must work (including hours and expenses).
• To ensure that the company procedures for dealing with sub-consultants are adhered to.
• To ensure that all designs are prepared by personnel competent to do so and that all designs are independently checked before they are issued to the Client.
• To ensure that TOBIN delivers what the Client has asked for and not anything more than is required.
The Skills Required of a Senior Civil Engineer/ Project Manager
• Excellent written and verbal (English) communication and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proficient in the use of TOBIN management systems.
• Excellent working knowledge of the conditions of engagement (or similar type consultancy contracts used to deliver our services with our Clients)
• Excellent working knowledge of construction contracts such as the Forms of Contract used under the Public Works Management Framework.
• Asking for help when you need it and asking for it early enough. (This is a strength and not a weakness!)
How to Apply:
If you are a highly motivated and experienced Senior Civil Engineer who meets the qualifications and skills mentioned above, we encourage you to apply by sending your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience to email@example.com.
Please include “Senior Civil Engineer/ Project Manager Application” in the subject line.