TOBIN are currently seeking a Senior Ornithologist, to join the growing Ecology Team within our Environment & Planning Division. We offer a very competitive salary to the ideal candidate and we provide the opportunity to work on nationally recognised projects and studies. We also provide the opportunity to avail of Hybrid-working in one of our three offices located in Galway, Dublin or Castlebar.
The Team in TOBIN is driven by qualified and enthusiastic staff who maintain a full and varied project load from a broad base of private and public sector clients. Our workstream is generated through well-established nationwide client relationships, as well as internal cross-sectional cooperation with other Engineering Divisions within TOBIN.
The successful candidate must have the ability to work in and lead teams in the collection of field data and in the preparation of the Biodiversity/Ornithological sections of Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIARs), Ecological Impact Assessment reports and Habitats Directive Appropriate Assessment reporting. The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate project experience in the design and implementation of ecological surveys including bird and protected species surveys, habitat, analysis of data and completion of impact assessments. Further demonstrated project experience across ecological disciplines will also be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
The job will involve working with the existing Ecology team on ecological and environmental aspects of diverse projects including national infrastructure projects, renewable energy and other private and commercial projects. As a Senior Ornithologist, the role will require the provision of ecological input into desktop studies, advantage point surveys, scoping studies, site selection, Ecological impact Assessments and Appropriate Assessment Reports. The role will also require project management tasks including programme and financial management and input to tender submissions.
- Relevant primary degree (Hons.) relating to Ecology / Environmental biology, additional qualifications preferred.
- A proven ecological/ornithological track record.
- Proven ecological/ornithological field skills.
- Experience in GIS systems (e.g. ArcView, desirable but not essential as TOBIN has specialist GIS services in-house)
- CIEEM membership preferred (or an ambition to become a member of CIEEM)
- Experience of coordinating ecological impact assessments as well as project management and liaising with clients and stakeholders.
- Experience as an expert witness at Oral Hearings is preferable but not essential.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Must be physically fit and be willing and able to undertake fieldwork, as required.
- Full driving licence.
How to Apply
If you feel that this opportunity is something you may be interested in and would like an opportunity to discuss the matter further please forward a C.V. to email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.