At TOBIN Consulting Engineers, we have 70 years experience in conceptualising, planning, designing, and delivering projects across our 4 divisions, namely, Building & Infrastructure, Civil |Design Build |Water, Environment & Planning and Roads & Transportation.
The quality of service we deliver and our approach to projects is driven by our Core Values, which for us, means that People & Relationships, Safety, Commerciality, Sustainability, and Innovation, are the things that we care about most and on which we build our reputation.
With a continued increase in project workload, we are seeking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor with 8+ years post-graduate experience, preferably with a Consultancy background, who will assist the QS Team on all costs relating to Building and Civil aspects of various projects including mixed commercial, residential, industrial, and educational, from initial concept design stage estimate to final account settlement. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to optimise project costs, implement value engineering and ensure value for money, while still achieving the required highest standards and quality.
The preferred candidate will be driven and motivated to progress their careers and will be required to have a strong work ethic. They will also be required to assist with the development of the Quantity Surveying team within TOBIN, through the development of strong relationships with our Team and Clients. The role will report to a Senior Engineer on a weekly and daily basis.
Currently, this role is available in Galway.
Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Quantity Surveyor’s duties will include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of cost estimates throughout the various stages of the design and pretender
- Preparation of Tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities, schedule of rates etc.
- Advise the Client on procurement and tendering strategies
- Assist with the Implementation of Value Engineering opportunities, managing VE opportunities
- Assist in establishing client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies of design options and additional items
- Perform risk and value management and cost control
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- Contract administration of various forms of Works Contracts
- Preparation and analysing tender costings
- Assist the QS Team in providing advice on contractual claims
- Manage the change order process with the assistance of senior team members.
- Preparation and Agreement of Final Accounts
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations
- Assist the QS Team in managing and agreeing on the final account for the projects.
Skills & Requirements
- 1BSc Level 8 Degree in Quantity Surveying experience working for a consultancy practice.
- Minimum of 8+ post-graduation experience preferably within a Consultancy practice
- Ideally will be a Chartered Quantity Surveyor with RCSI or equivalent professional body or working towards same in the coming year.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Cubit and Buildsoft
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills Attention to Detail including good presentation skills
- Strong construction knowledge and experience in Building and Civil Works Projects
- Firm understanding and working experience of Contracts and Procurement methods including GCCC Contracts
We will offer a competitive salary for the right candidate depending on relevant experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
If you feel that this opportunity is something, you may be interested in and would like an opportunity to join an award-winning company please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.