Are you looking for a change? At TOBIN we are looking to grow our team.
The Environmental & Planning Team in TOBIN are seeking to recruit a Senior Town Planner/ EIAR Project Manager to join our expanding team. We have a requirement for an articulate, well qualified and career-minded Senior Planner/Environmental Engineer to join our busy office in Dublin/Castlebar. The position offers involvement in all aspects of the planning process, including planning applications, preparation and project management of EIAR, planning appeals, feasibility studies, survey work, and research.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent understanding of the planning system with a minimum of eight, but preferably ten years’ experience gained either in the public and/or private sector. You will be a chartered member of the IPI/RTPI and will have excellent communication and written skills. In return, we will offer an attractive remuneration package with good future career prospects working within a highly successful and commercially orientated multi-disciplinary consultancy.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A recognised (IPI or RTPI) planning qualification;
- Minimum of 8 years post-graduate experience;
- Excellent working knowledge of the Irish Planning system;
- Ability to demonstrate good analytical skills and is IT competent;
- Strong report writing and presentation skills;
- Highly motivated individual with strong attention to detail; and
- Ability to project manage multi-disciplinary teams and multiple projects simultaneously.
Typically, the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Managing projects from inception to completion including interaction with project stakeholders, clients and other project team members, both internal and external;
- Undertaking background research, desk studies, site visits and preparing planning assessments, planning reports and tender submissions.
- Working collaboratively with clients, colleagues and external consultants.
- Ability to interpret construction/design plans and drawings.
- Ability to analyse planning policy and make recommendations to clients and colleagues.
- Liaising with County Councils and other statutory bodies.
- Attendance at meetings with clients, project teams and other stakeholders.
- Project manage multi-disciplinary teams of professionals
What we Offer
At TOBIN you can expect to work on a wide range of projects, from small scale residential applications, renewable energy developments and major applications of national importance, including Strategic Infrastructure Development projects. You will be rewarded as you grow within the company and professional development is strongly encouraged.
The salary on offer is negotiable and dependent on the candidate.
We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible so please send your up to date Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not require the assistance of Recruitment Agencies in respect to filling this role.
We look forward to hearing from you!