TOBIN Consulting Engineers has an immediate vacancy in our Galway city centre office for a Structural Project Engineer to join the Civil I Design Build I Water Team. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a blend of structural and civil design work meaning that ‘rounded’ / broad experience is absolutely essential. The successful person who comes into this role will work on a broad range of projects for our public sector clients arising from the Climate Action Plan and Project Ireland 2040. These projects will include for Public Realm and Urban Regeneration assignments, Amenity/Tourism/Civic Space developments, Recreation Infrastructure (greenways, blueways, trails) and other Cultural Infrastructure undertakings.
We can offer the successful candidate a defined career path for development in one of the largest indigenous consultancies in Ireland.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience
- A minimum (and relevant) Level 8 qualification or equivalent
- Design Experience on civic, amenity and tourism projects in the public sector
- Ability to achieve tight deadlines working as part of a team
- Up to date knowledge of current codes of practice, building control regulations and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written (English) communication skills
As a member of the Civil I Design Build I Water Team, the Project Engineer will be required to undertake the following duties :
- Contribute to the project team on a day to day basis
- Direct communication and meetings with Clients including document reviews, approvals and project scheduling.
- Preparation and Review of preliminary designs and reports using a variety of computer packages and subsequent preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Implementing the company’s ISO policies and procedures
- Preparation of tenders
What we can offer
- An excellent salary commensurate to the successful candidate’s experience and suitability
- Remote working options
- A defined career path with clear objectives and ‘progression gates’
- A strong CPD commitment
- The opportunity to work and grow with a good team of people
If you feel that this opportunity is something you may be interested in and would like an opportunity to discuss the matter further, please forward your c.v. to email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE