At TOBIN Consulting Engineers, we recognise that our business, in our activities and provision of services, has an important role in developing and protecting our environment and in securing its long-term sustainability for future generations.
The three pillars of sustainability (environmental, economic and social) are addressed through our Environmental Management System (EMS) in compliance with ISO 14001:2015, as part of an overall integrated Business Management System.
Our environmental policy incorporates a sustainability framework based on the 10 One Planet Living® principles in so far as they are applicable to our various activities and services. The principles are as follows:
- Zero Carbon
- Zero Waste
- Sustainable Transport
- Local and Sustainable Material
- Local and Sustainable Food
- Sustainable Water
- Natural Habitats and Wildlife
- Culture and Heritage
- Equality and Fair Trade
- Health and Happiness
“One Planet” principles will be fundamental to all economic activity and are reshaping the delivery of engineering services. These principles commit us to:
- Reducing Carbon Footprint
- Managing Resource Usage
- Protecting Biodiversity
- Improving Quality of Life
It is our policy to maximise the beneficial effects of our activities on our environment, to promote sustainable solutions and to minimise any harmful effects in the communities and locations in which we deliver our engineering services. We work with everyone to foster this value and we show leadership by promoting best environmental practices. Our design systems include custom templates to apply the ten principles on our projects and we draw on our innovation skills to deliver sustainability in our activities and services.
While the world is awakening to sustainability principles which will help to mitigate the effects of climate change, the dividend will not come quickly enough to prevent a rise in global temperatures. In our engineering designs and other activities we are taking account of the effects of climate change while at the same time implementing the sustainability policies and business practices that seek to combat the causes of climate change, especially in the areas of
- Water resources management
- Low flow stresses in receiving waters and consequent impacts on water quality and ecology
- Flood Protection Measures
Follow Us on Twitter
- Alan Booth, an ecologist from TOBIN’s Dublin Office, was recently invited by Nav-watch, in association with the Off… https://t.co/I0VCjDJeUs 1 month ago
- The 2018 National Litter Pollution Monitoring System Report was published on Friday 12th July. This Report was prep… https://t.co/EZpMS7bLoE 1 month ago
- RT @EngineerIreland : A date for your diary: Engineers Week will run from February 29 – March 06. What has your organisation planned? #Engin… 1 month ago
Call Us Today
We are based in Galway, Dublin, Castlebar and London. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter, for all of the latest TOBIN news and industry developments.