TOBIN Consulting Engineers was the Lead Consultant for Sport Ireland’s National Sports Campus ‘Campus Conference Centre’ (CCC) project. This new CCC building now serves as a centrally located outlet for administrative, business and social activity at the heart of Sports Campus. Many of the leading governing bodies within Irish sport regularly hold functions and conferences at this venue.
The design and construction of this two-storey multi-use building, in a traditional single stage procurement, took an existing concrete structure on site and extended it to cater for the following facilities:
- A theatre-style tiered lecture and teaching hall that can accommodate up to 100 people
- A large multi-use/adaptable meeting room that can cater for up to 50 people
- Office/administrative space
- Kitchen area – cafeteria with servery plus a display area
- Toilet facilities
- Storage and plant room
- Car parking with universal accessibility
As the lead consultant on this project, TOBIN Consulting Engineers provided Project Management, Civil and Structural Engineering, Mechanical & Electrical, Quantity Surveying and PSDP Services as well as acting as Employer’s Representative from Stage one through to Handover Stage.