TOBIN were appointed as Assigned Certifier, Civil and Structural Design Engineers and PSDP for the restoration and refurbishment of the existing Former Engine Station building located at Ceannt Station, Galway to be used as a modern office space by Irish Rail.
The existing building has a total footprint of 510m² of which 250m² underwent redevelopment as part of this project. The scope of the works generally included the following key elements:
- Selected demolition and alteration work to the existing building
- Restoration and remedial works to external walls
- Restoration and remedial works to the existing roof structure
- Construction of new ground floor slab
- Construction of new first-floor level
- Forming of new openings in external walls and installation of new doors and windows
- Complete internal office fit-out of the building including entrance area, meeting rooms, offices, welfare facilities and ancillary spaces
- Associated external works including general tidy-up, access ramp etc
TOBIN were part of the integrated design team from feasibility stage to handover to the client and carried out inspections and monitoring during the construction stage.
Services provided by TOBIN Consulting Engineers on this project: