TOBIN Consulting Engineers was the Multi-Disciplinary Lead Consultant and PSDP Service Provider for the Dublin Institute of Technology Sports Centre Development Project in Broombridge, Dublin 7.
The first phase of this Sports Centre was completed in December 2015 and included the following sports infrastructure/civil engineering elements:
- A full size floodlit 4G synthetic pitch with two ‘cross play’ multi-use pitch options complete with fencing, ball-stop netting and hurling wall
- Significant retaining walls, perimeter fencing and landscaping
- Storm attenuation system for entire site
- Generator room and switch room
- Local repairs to existing car park
- New site lighting and CCTV
- Demolition works
TOBIN Consulting Engineers provided the following services:
- Project Lead
- Civil & Structural Engineering,
- Project Management,
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
The second phase of this development included for the refurbishment of an existing building as sports changing facilities.
In our role as the Lead Consultant for the various elements of these works, TOBIN acted as the dedicated point of contact for Dublin Institute of Technology in liaising with the various members of the design and construction teams. We provided specialist advice, design input and contract administration services for the development and PSDP on all works.