The Dundalk Wastewater Treatment Plant was commissioned in 2000 for a design BOD capacity of 179,535p.e. TOBIN prepare a Preliminary Report which included:
- Examination of the performance of the existing wastewater treatment plant
- Assessment of the loading on the existing plant
- Modelling of the process units to assess the capacity of the plant
- Modelling to assess the adequacy in relation to hydraulic and biological loadings
- Examination and presentation of options for the upgrade of the wastewater treatment plant
The overall project included sewer rehabilitation, the refurbishment of five major pumping stations and the construction of a waste water treatment plant contract for a population equivalent of 179,535p.e and consisted of 8 contracts.