TOBIN Consulting Engineers (UK) Ltd. were the Lead Consultant for the redevelopment of the Emerald GAA Grounds in Ruislip, London, which has been the home of London GAA for many years. The new facility features a new natural grass competition pitch, new artificial (3G) floodlit training area, a partly covered seated stand for 2000 spectators, dressing rooms and toilets, a refurbished gymnasium, new entrance, turnstiles and parking facilities and other associated works.
The redevelopment provides a facility to county ground standard which will serve players, officials and supporters of London GAA.
TOBIN Consulting Engineers, together with our partners undertook the following phases of this project:
- Pre-planning consultation with Hillingdon Borough Council
- Preparation of planning application
- Co – ordination of a team of environmental consultants to prepare
- Environmental Reports to accompany the planning application
- Detailed civil, structural and mechanical and electrical design of the redevelopment of the grounds
- Tendering of works contracts for both the main contract and a pitch contract
Sustainable construction methods were used such as cut and fill techniques for pitch construction, including re-use of soil and drainage design. The overall carbon footprint was significantly reduced through design.