TOBIN Consulting Engineers was appointed by Leitrim County Council in late 2018 as Design Consultants and PSDP for the pavement and minor improvement scheme for N16 Pollboy to Boleyhill Roundabout, Manorhamilton. The project involved the overlay and inlay of approximately 5km of existing single carriageway road with safety improvement work at the R282 junction.
Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) identified to Leitrim County Council this section of the N16 from annual pavement condition surveys. A Pavement Assessment, Repair, and Renewal report were submitted and approved by TII in April 2018.
TOBIN Consulting Engineers was appointed as Engineering Consultancy for the Road Pavement Strengthening and Surface Course Replacement Design, Procurement, Construction Supervision and in the role of Project Supervisor for the Design Phase (PSDP). TOBIN was also required to undertake Preliminary Design Options of a HD 17 Site and to incorporate the preferred design option into the Tender Documentation under this scheme.
TOBIN Consulting Engineers was appointed to undertake Detailed Design, preparation of Tender Document, engage with stakeholders, Tender Administration and Construction Supervision of the scheme.
The scope of the works included:
- Detailed vertical and horizontal alignment design including the refurbishment of existing pedestrian facilities within Manorhamilton;
- Detailed Pavement Design;
- Detailed Road Marking and Signage Designs;
- Detailed Drainage Improvement Design;
- Procurement of topographical survey,
- Development of Temporary Traffic Management;
- Utility design;
- Preparation of Tender Documentation;
- Tender Administration and Assessment;
- Construction Supervision & Contract Administration;
Construction Stage commenced in June 2019.
Scope of Services
The scope of services included:
- Project Management.
- Procurement of topographical survey
- Detailed Design of pavement overlay and inlay based on the review of FWD, GPR, Scrim, IRI data, PARR Report, and visual inspection onsite.
- Detailed Design of vertical alignment using MX.
- Ongoing liaison with statutory and non-statutory bodies to determine existing services and future requirements.
- Detailed Design of Road Marking and Signage.
- Assessment and Detailed Design of Drainage for the scheme.
- Temporary Traffic Management in consultation with Leitrim County Council.
- Future proof utility services on the scheme for realignment works at a HD 17 site with a diversion of services under a separate contract.
- Preparation of the Works Requirement Drawings, Specification and Pricing Document including Information Pack.
- Management of the tender process and responding to queries.
- Preparation of the Tender Assessment report.
- Contract administration.
- Performance of the role of Employer’s Representative during the construction phase of the scheme.
- Construction management.
- Preparation of Safety File in accordance with the Works Requirements
- Preparation of Financial and Technical Closeout Reports.
- Issue Defects Certificate and release retention.
Additional scope of works included:
- Preliminary Design Options of a HD 17 Site, to reduce crossing times for vulnerable road users at the junction of the N16 / R282.
- Client approvals of the preferred option.
- Incorporation of the preferred option into the Works Requirement Drawings, Specification and Pricing Document.
Services provided by TOBIN Consulting Engineers on this project:
PSDP Roads & Transportation Engineering Project Management Contract Administration